Monday, November 16, 2009

Do you want to join Trek Sandakfu to Uttarey 6 days -26th Dec09-5th Jan10

Hi you all adventure seeking guys and gals trekkers,
Currently I am working on the exciting adventure and trekking trip in North East India. I am organizing these treks along with my friends and adventure club for 12 years. Current Trek plan covers exciting locations very near to Mt. Kanchendzonga with 360 deg view, along with view of Mt. Makalu, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Everest, Dhaulagiri range. As of now in the team for this year, it is me , my wife, my three colleagues from Microsoft, one along with his wife, one more friend total 7. I think we can have 3-4 more people in team to join us on this trip. Looking for 4 more members to make it richer.

Over all you need 10days (26th Dec2009 - 5th Jan2010) Let me know if you are interested, please write on the email id given below, i would love to share more details on cost and other details.
Location: This entire stretch of the trek borders between India (West Bengal, Sikkim) and Nepal
Trek route daywise

Day-1- Calcutta sightseeing during the day, catch the train in Night for NJP
Day-2- Reach NJP (8.45am), have breakfast and take Jeep from NJP to Ghoom to Sukiapokhri & reach Manebhanjan
Day-3- Maneybhanjan (2134m) to Meghma (2670m) to Jaubari (2750m)
Day-4- Jaubari(2750m) to Giribash to KalaPokhari (2950m) to Bhikey Bhanjan (3350m) to Sandakfu (3636m
Day-5- Stay in Sandakfu for acclimatization
Day-6- Sandakfu (3636m) to Phalut (3600m) via Sabarkum
Day-7- Phalut (3600m) to Kalizar Sabnam valley -Shinglila Pass - Overnight stay in Kalizar in tent , nature camping
Day-8- Kalizar to Achelley Dara-through Phoktey Dara, Thulodhad and Hageypani, stay in Achelle Dara in tent
Day-9- Achelley Dara to Uttarey Valley - pass through Thunki & Sherpa Villege. Overnight stay at Uttarey.
Day-10- Half day Stay in Uttarey and Dept to their destination

There would 1 day of sightseeing in Calcutta at the start of our trip, 1 day in transit from NJP to Maneybhanjan, then 6 full days (5-6hrs) of trek + 1 day stay in between for acclimatization in Sandakfu and ending in Uttarey .
Once you confirm, I will take care of arrangements and logistics on food, porter, guide, log hut stay, tents, sleeping bags, mats, utensils, Cal sightseeing etc. We would be crossing two territories. Our trek will start in WB and would end in Sikkim. There permit and other stuff we need to take as we would be along the border of Nepal. I would be working on that once I have fixed participants.
Thanks and Regards
Raj / rajsriv@yahoo.com / Bangalore / 1st Nov 2009

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What if someone wants to join from Calcutta? Let me know how I do join the trekking grp........

Raj Srivastava said...

send me mail on rajsriv@yahoo.com ,you can meet me on 26th Dec in Calcutta and come along there 2 other folks are joining the same way

Raj/Bangalore/6th Dec 2009